Random sounds won't play

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Sep 11 18:08:42 UTC 2008

At 9/10/2008 02:18 PM Wednesday, Matt Lenhart wrote:
>In most cases, switching from Buffered mode to Streaming has resolved
>this issue.

Matt, thank you.  The operative phrase here is, "In most cases".  For
the record, I just tried it again with EP2.0.8.22 and Streaming, and
still got the same bad results.  We got the same troubles on all of
our Vista machines, regardless of manufacturer.  For now we just
reformatted all our experiment running machines to good old XP.  I
don't know what we do in the long run as Microsoft makes XP
unavailable, so I do hope that PST comes up with a good fix for this.

I do wonder if we would be better off with an E-Prime-like system
under Linux or Max OS X.  I have seen fantastic things done with
MatLab on a Mac, and as an old geek I would rather use that myself,
but I would not say that MatLab is as user friendly for others as
E-Prime.  But that is a topic for another thread.