Random sounds won't play

Matt Lenhart mplenhart at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 18:18:17 UTC 2008

Hello,

As David has said (and shown), we have had some issues with sound
playback in E-Prime 2.0. The first steps to resolving this are to
upgrade to E-Prime 2.0.8.22 (the most recent build). This can be done
via our support site at http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/login.asp.
Once you have logged in (if you need to create an account, you can do
so with your serial number), click Download from the menu at the left,
then E-Prime, and then E-Prime 2.0 Release Candidate.

If this does not resolve the problem, the next step would be to change
the Buffer Mode for your SoundOut objects and SlideSoundOut sub-
objects. To do this, open the Property Pages for the object/sub-object
and select the alternative option under Buffer Mode (e.g., Streaming
or Buffered).

In most cases, switching from Buffered mode to Streaming has resolved
this issue.

- Matt
PST Technical Consultant
http://www.pstnet.com/