repeat one of the sample of items

Matt Lenhart mplenhart at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 18:30:57 UTC 2008

> Luna,
>
> I have only had a quick glance over this thread so please ignore me if I
> have missed crucial points.
>
> From what I can see you just want to repeat a trial after it is run if a
> given button is pressed. Is that true? Now assuming that you don't want
> to keep the results from the first time couldn't you just have a goto at
> the end of the trial to start it again if the given button is pressed?
>
> Paul
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>  Paul R. Jackson
>
>  Experimental Programmer
>  School of Psychology
>  University of Queensland
>
>  E: pa... at psy.uq.edu.au
>  P: 33656950
>  W:www.psy.uq.edu.au/~paulj
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Really, unless you want to account for a situation where the subject
decides 4 or 5 trials into the experiment that they want to revise
their response to the first trial, this is the way to go. You can let
the subject see the question and their response at the end of the
trial, and give them one last chance to go back and modify it if they
hit the wrong key or suddenly changed their mind after reading the
question again.

Yes, there are other ways of implementing a Likert scale test/survey
so that you can backtrack through the questions that have already been
presented, but unless you anticipate a situation like the above
occurring regularly, I really don't think that it is necessary to go
beyond a simple confirmation screen.

- Matt