using joystick input for version 1.1

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Wed Sep 24 16:16:21 UTC 2008

Matt,

>> Hmm, you would think that this was covered somewhere in the
>> documentation, but I cannot find it anywhere so I will just give you
>> the answer and add this to the FAQ that I am writing.
>>
>> You just need to change the End Action of your slide from "Terminate"
>> (the default) to "(none)".  It is that simple.
>
> This is usually an advanced scripting technique that was only needed
> for specific tasks. It was previously documented in our Knowledge Base
> (http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/kb.asp?TopicID=3026). Since
> this will be required for using the joystick in E-Prime 2.0 Standard,
> it will likely be included in the New Features Guide.

Thanks, I clearly missed the mark with regard to Mary's needs with the
joystick under EP2 standard, she needed more than EndAction (none) in
this special case.

OTOH, I do not see why EndAction (none) should be considered an
"advanced scripting technique ... only needed for specific tasks".  We
use it all the time here for our fMRI tasks without any script at all,
it is just a simple way to keep everything to set times.  It is one of
the handy things that make E-Prime a good product, and I would not want
to scare anyone off from using it.

Unless, once again, I am missing something.

Just my $.02,