using joystick input for version 1.1

Matt Lenhart mplenhart at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 20:16:19 UTC 2008

David,

Sorry if I was not clear on this. Using an End Action of "none" is not
the advanced technique. The use of a loop to run script in the
background while an object is on the screen is what I was referring to
(which is required for joystick response collection in EP2 Standard).
Setting the End Action to "none" is a part of this because the object
that is on screen while the loop runs has a duration of 0, meaning
that E-Prime has already "terminated" this object. If End Action is
set to "Terminate" in this case, and the subject responds, E-Prime
will actually terminate the NEXT object, which obviously will cause
some serious problems depending on the experiment's setup.

- Matt