Questionnaire in E-Prime 1

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Sep 26 14:18:38 UTC 2008

Ben,

>It is part of a lager test batterie. I am validating a picture anomaly
>test which should measure the social cognition abilities of TLE
>patients and I got in total four different tests. It would be nice to
>presented them all with one program.

Thanks, just wondered, that makes sense.  Moving on...

Now I wonder why you use two separate keyboards, one for the numbers
and one for the space bar.  Surely a single keyboard would have both
numbers and a space bar, so you could do all this with one
keyboard.  But let's leave that aside.

Next, the subject presses either two keys (a number plus {SPACE}) or
just one key ({SPACE}) to continue.  I assume you do this with the
Advanced input mask features, by setting MaxCount to 2
(Disclaimer:  I have never used this feature myself, so I am
stretching here).  If you did not also set Termination Response to
{SPACE}, then the subject must *always* press two keys to continue,
i.e., if they press just {SPACE} then the questionaire will not
continue (although it would if they pressed {SPACE} twice, give that a try).

So, you might try setting Termination Response to {SPACE}.

That said, is there any reason they must press a number key plus the
{SPACE}?  Why not continue as soon as they press the number
key?  What have I missed?