response unit for E-prime 2.0 Professional with ERP hardware

Jeffrey Bedwell jbedwell at mail.ucf.edu
Fri Apr 10 18:09:20 UTC 2009

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a button response
unit to use with E-Prime 2.0 Professional in the context of ERP/EEG
experiments? The PST response unit does not appear to be ideal for
this because it has an A/C power cable coming up to the unit that may
cause interference with the ERP signal. I'd like some type of video
game controller or wireless unit that the participant can hold in
their lap comfortably. Also, if it can plug into USB port, that may be
ideal. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, if anyone has
successfully used the PST response unit in the context of ERP/EEG
equipment, please let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks. I'd
appreciate any feedback!

Jeffrey S. Bedwell, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology