Is there a way to merge experiments?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Apr 9 20:46:45 UTC 2009

Adam,

>I have a recognition memory experiment in which there are two
>conditions - one in which subjects are going to be presented with 8
>pictures during a study interval, another where they will be
>presented with 64. It's a between subjects experiment, so subjects
>will only be doing one condition or the other.
>
>Currently, I have both conditions saved as different experiment
>files. The order is going to be counterbalanced, such that subject 1
>gets 8 pictures, subject 2 gets 64, subject 3 gets 8, etc. etc. I
>was wondering - is there any way to merge the two experiments such
>that the subject number inputted will automatically select the
>appropriate condition?

Not sure, but I think you can use list order "Counterbalance" or
"Permutation" to do this.  You will want to put both your conditions
into one program under a two-level list that picks which condition
the subject gets, and link the order to the Subject number.  I don't
know where this is documented, perhaps someone else here can help with details.