Labelling an event

L ldgoldb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:37:27 UTC 2009

The research group I work in uses e-prime for a reversal learning
task. Basically a summer student created a task in which our study
particpants play a game: two objects are presented on the screen, one
is correct most of the time (i.e. an apple), while the other is
incorrect most of the time (i.e. a pear). After the child picks the
correct objects (apple) four times in a row, there is a 25% chance of
reversal (meaning the pear will be mostly correct, and the apple
mostly incorrect).

The problem we are having is that in our spss output, there is no
variable that shows whether a run of the game is an acquisition
(learning the apple is correct) or a reversal (the pear is now
correct). Is there a way to create a variable/ label an event so that
the spss output would have a variable (i.e. "reversal" which would be
true or false; or "phase" which would be acq or rev)??

Thanks!!