Evidence on e-prime timing accuracy compared to other similar software?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Apr 21 14:11:45 UTC 2009

Two thoughts:

1) For an absolute measure of timing accuracy (as opposed to
comparisons with alternatives), PST addressed this in Chapter 3 of
the User's Guide that came with E-Prime, which I *insist* that anyone
who cares about critical timing read.

2) Awhile back I found a published review comparing E-Prime with some
alternatives, unfortunately I cannot find it in all the stacks on my
desk at the moment.  But the upshot was that all the best task
software for Windows (including E-Prime) rely on Microsoft's DirectX
technology, and all provide similar timing accuracy.

But please don't take my word for this, keep looking, and maybe I
will post a link to the review when I find it.  In the meantime, you
might try Google searches with terms including E-Prime, DirectRT,
Inquisit (by Millisecond), DirectX, etc.  And then please let us know
what you find.