SRBox problem

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 5 10:52:04 UTC 2009

Hi Roni,

Bummer. No, that would indeed suggest that rather than anything in E-Prime, there seems to be something malfunctioning in the driver. Have you tried running the experiment, with the SRBox, on a different computer?

I tried to create an experiment like I suggested below and (though I have no SRBox in my office) added the SRBox, BUT disabled the PST Serial Response Box driver. This caused the exact same crash as your screenshot. Re-enabling the PST Serial Response Box Driver in device manager caused my experiment to run normally (though, of course, I couldn't get very far without the actual PST box). So, you might try uninstalling this particular driver and reinstalling it. Perhaps there's a little installer for it in the E-Prime setup?

The PST SRBox Driver is supposed to be where you show it, by the way. It looks ugly in its unrecognised state, but it's always been like that (if I am correctly, even under win98).

Cheers,

Mich

Michiel Spapé

Research Fellow