Removing {ENTER} from screen display of echo

Blaire blweidler at davidson.edu
Wed Aug 26 18:41:54 UTC 2009

In part of the program I need participants to be able to submit four
word answers based on one picture. They need to submit each answer
separately, and NOT be able to edit it once they've pressed enter.
But, they do need to be able to SEE each of the other three answers
while they're typing the fourth, and then ultimately all four before
they "submit" that screen and move to the next slide object.

We've been able to get the .RESP written into an attribute and then
displayed on the screen and make this work, but since {ENTER} is set
to the termination of the echo box, the screen displays the entered
PLUS the {ENTER}.

Earlier, we were able to get the program to do a certain command based
on a .RESP + "{ENTER}", but when we tried to prevent it from
displaying the {ENTER} by using a - "{ENTER}", but that won't run due
to the error "type mismatch".

Any ideas how to display what has previously been captured in an echo
on to the screen WITHOUT whatever key was used to terminate the echo
box?

Thanks for any help!