Array problem

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Aug 27 16:11:14 UTC 2009

Stephane,

I suspect that your run-time delay has nothing to
do with the lack of a hardware key (especially
since E-Prime does not use the hardware key at
run-time), and everything to do with the size and
complexity of your arrays and randomization
needs.  The method illustrated in PST's
NoRepeat.es example is non-deterministic, which
means it does not guarantee a solution in any
finite time and the search time gets longer as
the arrays get longer and stimulus lists more
complex.  You can find this discussed at length
on the PST Forum at
http://support.pstnet.com/forum/Topic3166-5-1.aspx
,
http://support.pstnet.com/forum/Topic3178-5-1.aspx