Unreferenced E-Object_Logging

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Dec 17 22:14:09 UTC 2009

Katia,

Standard reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
really does like to take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours.  So don't be shy
there.  3) If you do get an answer from PST Web Support, please
extend the courtesy of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.

That said, here is my take ...

>To do this condition "If RECOGNITION_TARGET.ACC = 1 then
>FREE_RECALLtextdisplay",

Hmm, this line of yours does not look quite right.  Are you sure it
is not something like

If RECOGNITION_TARGET.ACC = 1 then FREE_RECALLtextdisplay.Run   ?

>  I put the FREE_RECALLtextdispaly in the
>Unreferenced E-Object (of course, if the subject does not recognize
>the target (TARGET.ACC = 0) does not make sense to proceed with a
>request of more details about the target).
>The procedure works as I want, but the Unreferenced E-Object seems
>don't log the data.
>Unfortunately, inside of the Forum, I was not able to find information
>about how to log data if I need to use a simple TextDisplay on
>Unreferenced E-Object.
>My question are:
>Is it possible that an Unreferenced E-Object logs the subject

Whether a stimulus object appears in the main Structure or in
Unreferenced E-Objects (to be run from inline script, etc.) should
make no difference whatsoever.  Either way you need to enable the
Data Logging in the Properties page of that object, either from the
Duration/Input tab or the Logging tab.

>I apologize, if the Forum contains some indication about that, please
>give me the istruction to read this information.
>Do you have any more elegant and better suggestion (or precise
>reference to a sample on the webside) about how can run the condition
>describe above without using Unreferenced E-Object?
>I'd really appreciate any help, or leads!

I would rather use a structure like

RecognitionScript
FREE_RECALLtextdisplay
FreeRecallSkipLabel

and then my RecognitionScript would look like

If RECOGNITION_TARGET.ACC then Goto FreeRecallSkipLabel

That way my FREE_RECALLtextdisplay would appear in the Structure
instead of Unreferenced E-Objects.

public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."  (Richard Feynman,
Nobel prize-winning physicist)