E-Prime conversions 1.x to 2.0

Vidrine, Amy avidrine at nursing.arizona.edu
Wed Feb 18 22:48:08 UTC 2009

We're having a problem getting E-Prime 2.0 Pro to load a 1.x *.es file.  We have the 2.0.8.22 version of the software, which has already caused us a headache with one other file (we had to get the original authors to load it in one that had that version instead of the 2.0.1 and then recompile and send us the file...which is just...strange to me).  Now it's not converting a 1.x *.es file.  I get the error message 10005 when I try to load it, with a message that states "Unable to load Date/Time property."

I know that other people have been using this file and converting it into EP 2.0.  What I don't know is their version number, though I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be told to "downgrade" to 2.0.1.  The file is available on a website that is password protected, so they would know if others were having problems with their files (I assume that those they give the passwords to would contact them with any problems).  And no one else is having these problems.

Any suggestions?  I have put in a support request with E-Prime, but I wondered if anyone else had any thoughts.

Thank you,
avidrine