Need help with slide (sound/image) lag

Paul graftedlife at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 02:59:03 UTC 2009

Dear David,

Yes, thanks a lot for your reply.

>OK, but how many KB are the sound files?  How many channels (mono or
>stereo?), how many samples/sec, and how many bits/sample?

The sounds are usually very short, with a size of about 25 KB to 55
KB. They are recorded in only one channel; the sampling frequency is
22050Hz, 16bits per sample.

>Also, how many KB is your fixation .jpg file?  What is its resolution
>(pixels width and height), its color bit depth, and its compression ratio?
>And why use a .jpg for the fixation instead of just a text "+"?

The size of the jpg file is less than 1 KB. Its resolution is 44 by 44
pixiels (72dpi); the color bit depth is 24. (I'm sorry for now I don't
know how to check out the compression ratio on my computer, but when I
made it I guess I set it to the highest quality.) But in the slide
object I used the strech function to make it fill up the whole screen.

Still, I tried not to use a fixation jpg but simply a text "+", but
the slide still lags.

Yes, I used EP2 on my vista before, and I did not know why I
frequently got timeout errors until I checked the discussions here.

Thank you for your help!
Paul