Can you do attribute referencing with colon notation for objects within slides?

Adam Osth adamosth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 17:39:11 UTC 2009

I ask the question in the subject line because I have tried attribute
referencing with different objects and can't seem to get it to work.

I have slides with sounds that reference the attribute "Reference:0", so it
reads as [Reference:0] under filename for a soundout.

Yet, everytime I try to run the program, it reads "The following error was
found while attempting to compile the E-Basic script. Encountered:
<identifier> Expecting: end of line."

Under the line that it's referencing, it reads:
DemoSlide_SoundBuffer.Filename = "c.GetAttrib("Reference"

...when the syntax should be something like ... = c.GetAttrib("Reference:0")

Strangely, the compilation seems to work just fine without colon notation.
Does anybody know why this might be?

Adam