USB Key not being detected by E-prime

Joseph Williams josephjaywilliams at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:00:54 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

In the past I've successfully used E-prime through Parallels on my Mac
laptop and desktop: when I plug in the USB key, Parallels detects it and so
it runs without a problem.

However, I'm having problems using a new computer- the most recent aluminium
Macbook. Since I restored my old system to this laptop using time machine, I
can't get the USB key to be detected. I can't tell if it's a problem with my
version of Parallels, the new Macbook, or E-prime's system itself.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips, or ever experience a problem like this?

I've reinstalled drivers in two ways on the Windows system (as PST suggests
below):
*Hasp User Setup* <javascript:void(0);>
This file should be downloaded first if having any troubles recognizing the
E-Prime HASP Hardware key.
*Hasp Install Setup* <javascript:void(0);>
This file should be downloaded if having troubles with the E-Prime HASP
Hardware key. After downloading, run the first time and select 'Remove
Driver'. It is recommended that you reboot after choosing 'Remove Driver'
even if not prompted. After rebooting, run HaspInstall.exe again and this
time select 'Install Driver'.

I also noticed that the key doesn't light up when I plug it into my Mac, so
I installed the HASP drivers for Mac:
http://www.aladdin.com/support/hasp/enduser.aspx
It gets the key to light up, but it still doesn't work.

The surprising thing is that Parallels does detect the key and indicates
that "HASP 2.17" is plugged in. It's just not being auto-detected or
recognized by E-prime and I've been locked out from programming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Joseph