USB Key not being detected by E-prime

Rick O'Gorman rickogorman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 16:04:38 UTC 2009

Hi Joseph,

Maybe someone who uses Parallels will contribute, but I use Virtualbox
instead of Parallels and have had similar problems to you. I have found
that the best way seems to be to make sure I have internet access when
activating/validating e-prime with the dongle and letting Windows look
for the driver. I got e-prime working once with a downloaded HASP driver
but couldn't the next time. Letting windows find it online worked best
for me. Also, I find that the Mac OS X grabs control of the HASP dongle
when it's inserted, so first eject it in that OS but don't actually
remove it. Windows should then find it, but if not then removing it and
then re-inserting it works for me. You may also need to make your
Parallels install aware of the HASP dongle as a device that it can control.

Best,
Rick

--
Rick O'Gorman, PhD
Psychology, Faculty of Development and Society

Phone: 0114 225 5788 Fax: 0114 225 2430

http://www.shu.ac.uk/psychology/staff/OGorman.html

No passion can survive a woman's seeing her lover hold
his fork in the wrong way.
                                   ~Edith Wharton