Sound to signal a key press

River ll356 at medschl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 24 11:01:09 UTC 2009

Firstly, thankyou to Rinus and David for your speedy replies! I have
be unable to look at your suggestions until now however I have managed
to get an InLine version to work whereby an image is displayed, a
keypress response is made and then, once the image is no longer
displayed (it is displayed for a set duration regardless of responses
made by the participant) the beep will sound to inform the participant
that a response was made.
Although this is on the right track I was hoping to be able to cause a
beep to be emitted at the same time as a response key is pressed,
therefore allowing you to press the key again (while the stimulus is
still being displayed) if the beep didn't sound to signal that a
response had been recorded.

Do either of you know if this might be possible? I can't seem to find
a way to put the sound and the image together in a way that the sound
is contingent on a response to the image being made as well as
allowing  the sound to occur AS the response is being made.

Thanks again in advance,

River