help with interfacing USB device...dll?

mf michael.steven.franklin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 19:56:09 UTC 2009

hi all-
for the purposes of a new experiment we are running we want to make
use of a "true" random number generator so we purchased a USB device
from a company called psyleron. they have some documentation (http://
www.psyleron.com/reg1_sdk.aspx) about accessing data from the device
in real-time, but since my programming skills are limited, i had asked
the eprime folks about getting the data into eprime from this USB
device.  here's part of the response:

"While E-Prime does not directly support communications with the USB
bus, it can call into DLL functions and can use the CreateObject API
to attach to some COM objects. The general writing of a .dll is best
done by a professional programmer, and is beyond the scope of PST's
support for E-Prime."

since i'm not even familar with what DLL means i'm pretty sure this is
out of my league.  i'm wondering if anyone on the list could help or
could point me towards someone with expertise to help out with this.

thanks for your help!

michael