jump or else

Yan Yu yanhyu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 14:22:09 UTC 2009

Dear list,

I apologize for such a long email. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

My experiment involves presenting sentences while sending tags to Net
Station. The number and type of marks vary from sentence to sentence. It has
0-4 tags.
Right now I am using a soundOut to play sentence list, and concurrently use
a marker list to send tags to NetStation.

My problem is that the markerList works slower than sentence. I do not know
whether it is because my Inline script is not written properly:

Here is the marker procedure with the inline script:

* MarkerProcedure*:  CalculateInterval (Inline)—WaitBeforeMark
(duration="Interval")—ShowCellNumber(SlideObject)

*CalculateInterval Inline: *

previous = current

current = c.GetAttrib("MarkTime")

c.SetAttrib "Interval", current - previous

position = c.GetAttrib("Markerlist") - 1

'msgbox "position = " & position

If a sentence has only one mark, then Time2, Time3 and Time4 should be
exactly the same, and the cellLabels are all called "END".  Therefore, the
interval should be 0. However, it is not the case yet. I am wondering if I
need to add a jump object to tell the marker list to go to the next sentence
whenever the CellLabel is "END".
Or is there any other way to crack the problem?

I also attached the sketch of structure in case anyone wants to take a
closer look at it.

Thanks a ton,

Yan