Multiple correct string responses

Blaire blweidler at davidson.edu
Tue Jun 30 03:39:10 UTC 2009

This is the first time I've ever used E-prime so I'm very much a
beginner. My main question is: What is the easiest way to allow
multiple responses to be accepted as correct into a string input field
on a single trial?

In some trials, there are 113 correct responses  - and if the
participant enters any of those 113, they must be counted as correct
and the program needs to let them move on, BUT if they enter anything
except those 113 they have to get feedback saying incorrect and must
be sent back to the trial until they enter a correct response.

I got excited earlier today because I thought that colon syntax would
be the way to do this, but I can't seem to make that work - even when
just trying with two correct responses.

Is colon syntax the way I should be trying to do this? (In which case
I'll go back and play with it because I guess I was doing it wrong.)
Or is there some easier way?

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Blaire