Multiple correct string responses

Peter Quain pquain at une.edu.au
Tue Jun 30 03:47:41 UTC 2009

At 01:39 PM 30/06/2009, you wrote:

>This is the first time I've ever used E-prime so I'm very much a
>beginner. My main question is: What is the easiest way to allow
>multiple responses to be accepted as correct into a string input field
>on a single trial?
>
>In some trials, there are 113 correct responses  - and if the
>participant enters any of those 113, they must be counted as correct
>and the program needs to let them move on, BUT if they enter anything
>except those 113 they have to get feedback saying incorrect and must
>be sent back to the trial until they enter a correct response.

just a mud map, but maybe store the 113 correct responses in an
array, then collect the string input as a variable and run a loop
through the array elements checking for a match. If it finds one,
jump out of the loop (maybe go to a label along the trial procedure),
if it doesn't, then progress to a text object to tell them incorrect,
followed by an inline which would start the trial again.