Create a experiment with dots appearing random on a screen

nyu.nirs at gmail.com nyu.nirs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:04:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

we are trying to create an experiment in eprime where participants
will see purple and green dots for 500 ms on a screen. Their job is to
determine whether their was more purple or green dots presented to
them.

The dots will be various size, however, we do want the area covered
(i.e. pixels) to be the same between the different colored dots even
though you might see e.g. more purple dots than green. The maximum
dots shown for each color is 15.

We have tried to created the experiment for a while, however, we keep
on running into a couple of issues.

1) The dots overlap each other
2) We have to manually make a list for each dot and then have it run
random during the experiment, however, this is very tedious as we can
have up to 32 dots and thus 32 list for a screen.

Anyways, appreciate any help we can get.

Thanks!