voice-over and time beam

ben robinson baltimore.ben at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 14:23:09 UTC 2009

in defense of David:
guys, i think you've misunderstood the tone of David's email, which is all
too easy to do when reading these kinds of online forums.
you asked a question the answer to which is really quite complicated to
communicate to someone brand-new to the eprime programming environment.  at
least, i had difficulty trying to answer it in a clear fashion.  David is
consistently and patiently responding to questions of this sort on an almost
daily basis it seems - just look back at forum questions and answers over
the course of the last year.  David has probably responded to and possibly
solved 80% of all questions asked here.  i, myself, might respond to 1 in a
hundred help requests, at best.  David is all over this forum.
please re-read David's post, minus any assumption that he is being
spiteful.  he's asking an honest question.
if you ask a question that is easy to answer, there are those of us on this
forum more than happy to help.  when you ask a more complicated question,
sometimes we'll have time to help, and other times when we're busy doing our
own work we'll wonder to ourselves, "why didn't they hire a programmer to
help with this?"  we've all got our own jobs to do.
David has been an incredible resource for this forum, and not one to
instigate any kind of "flame war".  please don't take offense at what he
wrote, as i don't believe it was meant to be offensive.
thanks David, and Bas, i hope my suggesting regarding how to present your
TimeBeam was helpful.

ben