Image Display Problem in Feedback Object

Paul (University of Granada) pollmoi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 16:48:12 UTC 2009

Hello:

As im new in programming on e-prime, ill like to have some help whit
one issue.

Im trying to programm a block feedback display, which depends on the
mean RT of the hole block. For this i have prepare a Feedback bar
which has 4 different presentation. The first has to be presented if
the subject RT is > 1100, the next between 1100 and 1000, the next
between 1000 and 900 and the last between 900 and 800.

I have an InitiateVariable InLine Text, at the beginning of the
session that states:

Set TargetRT = New Summation

At the end of each trial, I have a Counter InLine text that states:

TargetRT.AddObservation c.GetAttrib("Target.RT")

Then at the end of each block i have an Feedback calculation Inline
that states:

'Calculation of Mean RT for Rt feedback bar
If TargetRT.Mean >= 1100 Then c.setAttrib "FeedbackBar","stimuli/
Feedbackbar1.bmp"

If TargetRT.Mean > 1000 and TargetRT.Mean < 1100 Then c.setAttrib
"FeedbackBar", "stimuli/Feedbackbar2.bmp"

If TargetRT.Mean > 900 and TargetRT.Mean < 1000 Then c.setAttrib
"FeedbackBar", "stimuli/Feedbackbar3.bmp"

If TargetRT.Mean > 800 and TargetRT.Mean < 900 Then c.setAttrib
"FeedbackBar", "stimuli/Feedbackbar4.bmp"

I have put a feeback object whit an image display box, which has a
reference to the attribute FeedbackBar. This attribute is a .bmp image
that depends on the conditions describes above. It seems that the
script doesnt has a problem, but when the experiment gets into the
feedback object it appears an Error (11041, which i have look for in
the user guides and is not listed) and the scripts error states:

'Image3
         Set BlockFeedback_SlideImage = CSlideImage
(BlockFeedback.States(BlockFeedback.ActiveState).Objects(6))
         BlockFeedback_SlideImage.Filename = c.GetAttrib
("FeedbackBar")
         BlockFeedback_SlideImage.Load (THE ERROR APPEARS IN THIS
LINE)
         Set BlockFeedback_SlideImage = Nothing
      BlockFeedback.States("Correct").DisplayName = ""
      Case "Incorrect"

      BlockFeedback.States("Incorrect").DisplayName = ""
      Case "NoResponse"

      BlockFeedback.States("NoResponse").DisplayName = ""
      Case "Pending"

      BlockFeedback.States("Pending").DisplayName = ""
   End Select

I have look for this in the useerguides, and in the E-Prime Google
groups, but havent found an answer yet... ill be thankfull if you can
help me whit this....

Thank you

Paul