Feedback contingent on the number of trials

Tracy lennertz.t at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:48:46 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am trying to program an experiment in which there are 288 trials
within a single block.  I'd like to provide participants with a
message of their overall feedback accuracy after every 12 trials
(e.g., "Your accuracy was ___%").  This message will be based on
participants' average accuracy from the previous 12 trials, and since
there are 288 trials in total -- this feedback will occur 24 times
throughout the experiment.

To do this, I know I need to include a script to initiate the
variable, "OverallAcc":, e.g.:

'This initiates the Summation object, OverallAcc, so that it
'may be referenced within the experiment.
Set OverallAcc = New Summation

An accuracy summation script:

'The AddObservation command adds the ACC value of object
'Target to the Summation object, OverallAcc.
OverallAcc.AddObservation Target.ACC

'The Debug.Print command prints the mean value of the Summation
'object, OverallAcc, in the Output window.
Debug.Print OverallAcc.Mean

'The OverallACC attribute adds the running calculation of overall
'accuracy to the data file at the trial level.
c.SetAttrib "OverallAcc", OverallAcc.Mean

and a text object to display the feedback.  The Object on which
feedback is collected is the "Target." I think I will also need to add
a script that counts the number of trials, defines the OverallAcc
variable, and resets the OverallAcc variable after every 12 trials --
but I am not sure how to implement this.  Any help is most
appreciated!

Thanks very much!
Tracy