random traffic lights, but after a yellow light comes a red light

Robert_A rariel at kent.edu
Mon Mar 30 14:32:36 UTC 2009

On the e-prime website there is a sample experiment that will allow
you to never have 2 consecutive trials of the same type repeat.  What
you want to do requires similar logic, because you want a specific
trial type (red stim)  to follow presentation of another stim type
(yellow).  So if I were you, I would get that script from the e-prime
downloads (I think it is called No repeats or something like that).
You can probably make some minor tweaks to that script to accomplish
your goal.