soundout object - maximum duration

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri May 8 19:27:20 UTC 2009

Steve,

Easy!  EP2 adds the "Streaming" buffer mode, and uses that as the
default.  In streaming mode EP will just refill the buffer as needed,
so the buffer size no longer matters in most cases.  Might as well
start with the default of 5000 and adjust as needed for
performance.  BTW, I asked PST and learned that "Buffered" mode has
been kept just for compatibility with older scripts, in general you
should just always use Streaming (see
http://support.pstnet.com/forum/Topic2089-12-1.aspx ).

I don't think PST has documented this property yet, if anyone knows
otherwise then please post a link.  Thanks.