Response triggers going crazy!... (ActiViewTwo)

Elena wwwelenawww at gmail.com
Mon May 11 21:49:26 UTC 2009

Hello everybody! I would be so thankful if someone could direct me at
some solution. I've done a lot of variations of my syntax, but the
problem hasn't vanished. Close to despair!

I only need triggers (for Biosemi) for correct and incorrect
correctness of responses. Even worse, even when there are no

So, here's the latest version of my script:

-- InlineRESPONSE -- (that I placed before the Text element, asking
for a response)

If Prompt.ACC = 1 then
c.setattrib "RespTrig",2
elseif Prompt.ACC = 0 then
c.setattrib "RespTrig",4
end if

display.waitForVerticalBlank
writeport portAddr, cint(c.getattrib("RespTrig"))
sleep 10
writeport portAddr, 0

(I also tried a simpler version --
If Prompt.ACC then
code 2
else
code 4
end if)

Before writing this inline, in my general script (User's) I also tried
some syntax --

-- General Script, let's call it for a reference --

dim rep as boolean
dim temps as double

sub attends(limite)
	rep = true
        while clock.read<limite
	    if rep and (Prompt.RESP<>"") then
		    if Prompt.ACC then
			code 2
			else
			code 4
			end if
			rep=false
	    elseif rep and (ProRight.RESP<>"") then
		    if ProRight.ACC then
			code 2
			else
			code 4
			end if
			rep=false
            end if
	wend
end sub

This script alone (without InlineRESPONSE) didn't give any errors, but
the E-Prime didn't send any response triggers at all (and with stimuli
triggers all went well).

When I added the InlineRESPONSE (and tried both versions that I give
above), the triggers started getting sent, and the right numbers, but
not correctly!!

Then I tried to disactivate completely the response-related general
script, but then my stimuli triggers inline started reporting an
error.

(Here's my InlineSTIMULI, just in case it's interconnected --

if (Cint(c.getAttrib("Gp")))=(Cint(c.getAttrib("Mng"))) then
	if (Cint(c.getAttrib("gap1")))=1 then
	code 71
	else
	code 70
	end if
elseif (Cint(c.getAttrib("Gp")))<>(Cint(c.getAttrib("Mng"))) then
	if (Cint(c.getAttrib("gap1")))=0 then
	code 91
	else
	code 90
	end if
end if
temps=clock.read+1000
attends temps

)

It was the last line - attends temps - which E-Prime now couldn't
interprete, when I disactivated all the response-related general
script.

So, I tried to disactivate the general response-related script
partially, leaving only --

dim temps as double
sub attends(limite)
	rep = true
        while clock.read<limite
        wend
end sub

E-Prime was happy again, no errors' reported, the stimuli triggers
started working, but the same old story with the response triggers!
they do show up, but not at all correctly, and even show up when
there's no response.

Sorry for such a long message! just to summarize what I have right now
as a script, with the same persisting symptoms for response triggers
--

-- General Script --

dim temps as double
sub attends(limite)
	rep = true
        while clock.read<limite
        wend
end sub

-- InlineRESPONSE --

If Prompt.ACC = 1 then
c.setattrib "RespTrig",2
elseif Prompt.ACC = 0 then
c.setattrib "RespTrig",4
end if

		display.waitForVerticalBlank
		writeport portAddr, cint(c.getattrib("RespTrig"))
		sleep 10
		writeport portAddr, 0

-- InlineSTIMULI --

if (Cint(c.getAttrib("Gp")))=(Cint(c.getAttrib("Mng"))) then
	if (Cint(c.getAttrib("gap1")))=1 then
	code 71
	else
	code 70
	end if
elseif (Cint(c.getAttrib("Gp")))<>(Cint(c.getAttrib("Mng"))) then
	if (Cint(c.getAttrib("gap1")))=0 then
	code 91
	else
	code 90
	end if
end if
temps=clock.read+1000
attends temps

Please help! would be very thankful! Elena