A simple if then that adds 1 to an integer variable needed

Rivermaker coolpsychology at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:17:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

I need a really short script that, I'm sure, is embarrassingly simple
for those with coding skills. I'm not one of you! Please be kind.

All I want to do is to skip a text object the 5th (and last) time
through a procedure. I need to create an integer variable and add 1 to
it each time through so that eventually, with an InLine object, I can
tell it to...

If count = 5 GoTo Label1    'this is to get it to skip the text object

Else count = count + 1      'this is to add 1 to it each time through

In addition to the above, I need help creating the variable. I am
assuming that I can't create (declare?) it within the same InLine
object because that would reset its value to zero each time
through...So I'm thinking that earlier on, say at the start, I have to
write this:

Dim count as integer

Am I close?

Can anybody help me out?