Response devices

Tobi tobias.fw at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:54:39 UTC 2009

Thanks for your input. I somehow like the idea of doing some
handycraft even though I am not an educated craftsman. For my diploma
thesis I had to braze cable plugs in order to being able to put
controllers (via audio inlines) inside a shielded cabin.
In terms of response devices I now customised a keyboard ("Logitech
ultraflat"). I removed all buttons except 4 (those I need for the
current experiment) and attached a thin pad of foamed rubber (as
available in handicraft shops). I made holes for they keys that now
bunch out. The layer of foamed rubber is flush with the keyboards
surface. It looks kind of professional now and still isn't expensive
(18,- €).

However, timing might be an issue. Do you know how precisely USB
keyboards record the RT?

The XBox things sounds very sophisticated. What kinds of experiments
are you doing with it? Do you know about the timing precision?

Best,
Tobi