no image should be loaded for "?" in list

liwenna liwenna at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 21:39:58 UTC 2009

How about.....

adding an attribute to your list that holds the number of bitmaps that
you need to use in that level/trail called say... "nbitmaps" and give
the slide element multiple states that are called 1 2 3 4 etc. and
hold 1 2 3 or 4 images. Then set the slidestate to [nbitmaps] and
according to the value of 'nbitmaps' it will show the slidestate with
1 2 3 or 4 imageobjects in it. As a consequence you might also need to
specify the x and y values (positions) of each imageobject in the
triallist instead of in the properties of each imageobject (as I think
you got them now?). I am not entirely sure if e-prime will allow the
slideobject to run if not all referenced values for all slidestates
are being adressed in the triallist (as would be the case for say
slidestate 4 in a nbitmap = 3 trial) but you can give it a shot; and
also, depending on your actually number of possible positions, this
might be not a feasible option... but yeah... it's just a suggestion.

Alternatively you might be able to solve it somehow by drawing the
entire canvas for each trial in an inline but that definitly is a lot
of work.

Then there is a vague notion somewhere in my head that you can bring
imageobjects to the front or sent them to the back... but I have no
friggin clue as to how to do that 'dynamically' based on each trial's
demands....

That would be all for the moment ...

best,

liw