no image should be loaded for "?" in list

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 6 14:57:35 UTC 2009

Hi,
Sorry if this has been said before, but just to make sure: I'm a real fan of just going to ms-paint and making a blank (white, or whatever other bg colour you use) picture of exactly the same size as the other images. Due to the BMP specifications, it should take your pc exactly as long as any of the other pictures to load etc, so you can be very sure the timing will not be different for producing blank images (they being images themselves).
It's basically the same trick I use if I want to see the effect of moving vs static images on slides (you know, with a little loop and a counter and all that); instead of not-moving the images, I just keep moving to the same location, so that the timing is not altered.
Cheers,
Mich

Michiel Spapé
Research Fellow