How to manage List Objects with changing Sizes, and how to make No Response be the Correct Response?

UOMotorControl uomotorcontrol at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 19:35:43 UTC 2009

Hey E-Basic Senseis,

  Long time listener, first time poster.  At the moment, I'm working
on a paradigm in E-Prime 1.2 that has a couple of quirks that are
escaping my ability to figure out using the .chm documents.

The first - The paradigm consists of two types of trials, each
repeated 12 times.  Each one of these trials has a random number of
stimuli (between 10 and 12).  I had been trying to use inline code to
generate all the randomness of each of the stimuli, and then add then
to the List object for a given trial type.  What is escaping me is how
to delete those list levels I just used in order to prevent them from
interfering with future trials.

The second -  Each one of these trials essentially involves a subject
clicking every time they see a 'O', and then not responding when they
see a 'X'.  As such, the correct response to the 'X' is no response.
I tried used the property 'EbNoResponseAsCorrect' as the correct
response in this case, but in testing, not responding was still given
as an incorrect response.  Any clues as how to best accomplish this?

Many thanks for your assistance,

Wayne Manselle
Motor Control and Cognition Laboratory
University of Oregon