combining 3 eprime files into 1 file - or a work around???

Michael Erickson michael.erickson at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 27 21:23:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 2:03 PM, David McFarlane <mcfarla9 at msu.edu> wrote:

> Just so you know, PST Web Support likes to take these sorts of
> questions at http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp
> .  They promise response times of 24-48 hours to all requests, so you
> might do better there than here.  Although in this case I don't think
> that they will give you as full or useful an answer as I would have
> (as I have already addressed this issue in the discussion groups),
> but PST thinks that I am not doing anybody (least of all PST) any
> favors by my activities on the message boards, so I will leave this
> to them.  And if you feel charitable you may then post the answer
> back here for the sake of others.

Anson --

The answer depends on whether one is using ePrime 1.x or 2.x.  Since you
have 1.x, then you should be able to find and use e-kick to glue scripts
together.  If you had 2.x, then you should to be able to do something else,
but I don't know what it is, because I am hanging back with 1.x on XP
machines.

There was some conversation about it previously:

http://groups.google.com/group/e-prime/browse_thread/thread/b8ba31d80dafd3dd/a091cb3b56c81ac1

Perhaps that conversation was what irked PST.  David, I think that most (and
definitely some) users really appreciate your answers.  I am not necessarily
a fan of any one company's products.  I want to find the best solutions for
my lab wherever they may be.  If PST makes a decision that trades off
between their interests and mine, I want to know about it and I'd like to
discuss it with knowledgeable and interested parties.

Michael