random in nested lists

Petrime mylifeisstudying at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 09:55:03 UTC 2010

Hi folks,
I'm an absolute E-Prime newbie, and I have one problem with my nested
lists solution, so I have no other choice, but to ask for your help.

In my experiment there are 10 words, and every word should be
presented in 6 different conditions (e.g. rectangle presented before
the target above the target location, or circle presented after the
target on the left side of the screen, and so on)...so in one trial
there should be one of this 10 words, presented in one of this 6
conditions...

I solved this with nested lists (hope this is right solution)...
There are 6 nested lists, one for every condition. Each list holds 3
attributes  (Word-Target,Location on the screen and Correct responce)
In every list selection is set to random.

The problem is that, sometimes , it selects the same word from this 6
lists, few times in a row ... e.g. it presents word >circle< 3 times
in a row, every time in different condition...

Is there some way to fix this? I tried many different things, but
nothing works...

I hope that there is someone out there, who can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.