Randomised sub-lists

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Apr 22 18:42:05 UTC 2010

H,

I take it that you want randomized sequences that will continue
across separate experimental runs.  That's a tall order for any
system, as it would have to preserve and reuse information between
sessions.  As Ben says, you would first have to reuse the same random
seed between runs.  That alone would give each subject who uses the
same random seed the same sequence.  If you want to have one subject
run a random sequence of 60 items out of 360, and then the next
subject run the next 60 items from that same random sequence, then
you have to to a little more.  I think that I would start with
reusing the random seed as already posited, and in additon use the
Offset order for my List to start with the 61st item from the random
sequence, or 121st, etc.  Just a thought.

You might also consider asking PST Web Support
(http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp ) for ideas,
they have come through for me on issues like this from time to
time.  For all I know the new StartupInfo file mechanism of EP2 could
help you with this.