Randomised sub-lists

ben robinson baltimore.ben at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 17:43:24 UTC 2010

to do this you will probably need to manually assign a value for the Random
Seed for each 6 participants you see.
the first 6 participants might be assigned a random seed of '1', the next
six '2', etc.  if you set it up properly your list of 360 stimuli will be
shuffled according to the random seed value.
you could then determine which subset of 60 items, drawn pseudorandomly from
the larger set of 360 items, to present to your subject based on Subject
Number.  divide the the subject number by 6, take the remainder which will
always be a value from 0-5, and based on that value present one of six
different subsets.
something like that.  sorry if it's not very clear...