Two responses from the same slide-not working

gilis giladsabo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 07:40:39 UTC 2010

Additional information:

Before this slide object, there is the stimulus slide object to which
the participant response. In the participant's slide object-he/she is
asked to give two different responses vocal (SRB box) and manual
(mouse click)-only after, and if the participant made incorrect
response, the experimenter have to give is response. So the tree goes
like that in the participant's slide (in this example-mouse and
keyboard instead of mouse and SRBbox):

First, the program identified and log the participant's first
response:

Dim theResponseObject As RteRunnableInputObject
Set theResponseObject =
CRteRunnableInputObject(Rte.GetObject("Stimuli"))

	'If the assert below fires, then the object named in the line above
does not exist
	Debug.Assert Not theResponseObject Is Nothing

    Dim nIndex AS Integer

	For nIndex = 1 To theResponseObject.InputMasks.Responses.Count

		'Access the response and check to see if it is a mouse response.
		Dim theMouseResponseData As MouseResponseData
		Set theMouseResponseData =
CMouseResponseData(theResponseObject.InputMasks.Responses(1))

		If Not theMouseResponseData Is Nothing Then

		    c.SetAttrib "MouseClick" & 1 & "RT", theMouseResponseData.RT
			c.SetAttrib "MouseClick" & 1 & "RESP", theMouseResponseData.RESP

			Goto KeyboardLabel
		End If

		'Access the response and check to see if it is a keyboard response.
		Dim theKeyboardResponseData As KeyboardResponseData
		Set theKeyboardResponseData =
CKeyboardResponseData(theResponseObject.InputMasks.Responses(1))

		If Not theKeyboardResponseData Is Nothing Then

			c.SetAttrib "KeyPress" & 1 & "RT", theKeyboardResponseData.RT
			c.SetAttrib "KeyPress" & 1 & "RESP", theKeyboardResponseData.RESP

			Goto MouseLabel
		End If

	NEXT nIndex

Then, if the first response was keyboard response-it go to the
mouselabel and log additional single response from the mouse:

Dim theResponseObject As RteRunnableInputObject
	Set theResponseObject =
CRteRunnableInputObject(Rte.GetObject("MouseStimuli"))

	'If the assert below fires, then the object named in the line above
does not exist
	Debug.Assert Not theResponseObject Is Nothing

	'Counter variable for the number of mouse responses made
	Dim nClickCount As Long

	'Counter variable
	Dim nIndex as Integer

	'Enumerate through the responses collection and determine
	' if any of the responses were made by the mouse.
	'If so, then display the statistics to the user.
	'For nIndex = 1 To theResponseObject.InputMasks.Responses.Count

		'Set theMouseResponseData equal to the current mouse response
		' If the response was not a mouse, then the CMouseResponseData
		'  cast/conversion will return "Nothing"
		Dim theMouseResponseData As MouseResponseData
		Set theMouseResponseData =
CMouseResponseData(theResponseObject.InputMasks.Responses(1))
		If Not theMouseResponseData Is Nothing Then

			'Increment the click count
			nClickCount = nClickCount + 1

			'Log reaction time and response for each mouse click.
			c.SetAttrib "MouseClick" & 1 & "RT", theMouseResponseData.RT
			c.SetAttrib "MouseClick" & 1 & "RESP", theMouseResponseData.RESP

		End If

	'Next 'nIndex

And vice versa if the first response was made with the mouse:

Dim theResponseObject As RteRunnableInputObject
	Set theResponseObject =
CRteRunnableInputObject(Rte.GetObject("KeyBoardStimuli"))

	'If the assert below fires, then the object named in the line above
does not exist
	Debug.Assert Not theResponseObject Is Nothing

	'Access the response and check to see if it is a keyboard response.
	Dim theKeyboardResponseData As KeyboardResponseData
	Set theKeyboardResponseData =
CKeyboardResponseData(theResponseObject.InputMasks.Responses(1))

			'Log reaction time and response for each key press.
			c.SetAttrib "KeyPress" & 1 & "RT", theKeyboardResponseData.RT
			c.SetAttrib "KeyPress" & 1 & "RESP", theKeyboardResponseData.RESP

So, it may be that something here say to next coming object (which is
totaly different and named PA) to count only one response?