Help please!

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Aug 10 18:00:32 UTC 2010

Mary,

Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
takes any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours (although current
estimates are more like 10 days) -- this is pretty much their
substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of it.  3) If
you do get an answer from PST Web Support, please extend the courtesy
of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.

That said, here is my take...

Is this an existing installation of EP that used to work on your
laptop but now quit working with this error message?  Or is this a
new installation of EP on your laptop that you have not yet gotten to
work at all?  What version of EP?  What OS?  In what sense have the
"associated drivers" been "successfully installed", given that your
error message indicates the opposite?

Just a thought for now -- sometimes an EP installation just gets
messed up, especially when trying to install one version over
another.  Sometimes you have to start by doing a full uninstall of
EP, and in severe cases that means going into the Windows registry
and manually deleting all traces of EP (what writer Jerry Pournelle
calls "nuke from orbit"), a job best left to Windows masters.

public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."  (Richard Feynman,
Nobel prize-winning physicist)