Surround sound possibility?

gwu.acl gwu.acl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 15:06:50 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am currently working on an experimental design that requires sounds
being played independently from one of four speakers at a time.  I
have configured my computer with the four speakers, and created
four .wav files, each playing out of a different speaker.  However,
since these are not stereo files, they require 6 channels.

As far as I know, E-Prime only supports sound files requiring up to 2
channels.  Is there any way around this problem?  Is there any way E-
Prime can use 6 channel .wav files?  Are there other programs I should
be looking into?

Thanks all,
Emily