Data extraction from edat file

andrew hill neurodrum at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 00:55:22 UTC 2010

Thanks David, and thanks for the reminder re starting new threads.

No special characters in my files, though the problem may be that I'm working with around 215K rows.

This is on WinXP, and the latest E-prime 2 installers.

It also started getting really bad after I had done a bunch of changing data - e.g. I have a column called "Group" that was all filled in with "1" and I selected different subjects (using filters) to name them more appropriate things.. I was able to select subsets of my 40 subjects with the filtering, and cut-paste to change "1" to a text word, but about the time I finished that the files became unusably unstable.

I'll probably try working with subsets of my data and then pasting it back together when doing the stats..

Others have suggested that I should use Excel's pivot tables instead of E-DataAid'd Analyze feature - will read up on that (I'm doing a GLM with mixed repeated measures - some measures across time and some not, so it's a bit complicated).

Best,
Andrew