neuroscan triggers help

Martin mashapiro at csufresno.edu
Fri Aug 20 19:09:47 UTC 2010

Hello,

I use Scan4.0 (Neuroscan through Compumedics) to record EEGs and
currently use STIM2 for experimental design and sending time-stamps to
the EEG recording.  I have designed an experiment in E-Prime and want
to send time-stamp triggers to neuroscan. I've done some research on-
line and this is what I have tried.

I created an InLine Object within my TrialProc.  I tried the following
script (WritePort address, value):

WritePort &H378, 1

But that didn't work.

I have three ports in device manager with different addresses (LPT =
0378, COM1 = 03F8, COM2 = 02F8)
I've tried each of these address, but they haven't worked.   In the
STIM2 program, the port is set at KPC124 PCI -- I tried varations of
this but no luck so far.

Here are my basic questions so far?

1. Am I using InLine Objects correctly for sending triggers?
2. How do I find (or write) the correct address to send a trigger to
Scan4.0?
3. If I have several slides with a different response for each slide
in TrialProc, how do I make a different trigger for each response. Do
I use a different InLine object for each one with a different trigger
value?
I have

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Or if anyone (or knows
someone) is using E-prime and neuroscan that I can contact, that would
be great.

Best regards,

Martin

Martin Shapiro, Ph.D.