change string into an integer

Matt Paffel mpaffel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 19:28:17 UTC 2010

I have a question regarding the changing logged data from a string
into an integer. I have a little bit of script before a label which
designates the starting values in a trial which is:

Dim vCount As String
Dim pCount As String
Dim InitialValue As String
Dim InitialPie As String
vCount = c.GetAttrib("InitialValue")
pCount = c.GetAttrib("InitialPie")

at the end of a second inline, this little bit of script logs the data
designated in the first.

c.SetAttrib "InitialValue", vCount
c.SetAttrib "InitialPie", pCount

pCount is fine but vCount logs value of Value02, which is a nested
attribute. I would like to have it return the value contained in the
attribute "Value02". I've tried to make this happen a number of
different ways, e.g. CInt(vCount), CStr(CInt(vCount) + 0), etc.) but
each time i get an error message of type mismatch. is there any way to
change this string into an integer?