SlideStates

Matt Paffel mpaffel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 02:47:59 UTC 2010

I’m wondering if anyone can help me out with a SlideState problem that
I’ve been experiencing. I have a slide which has three states:
default, which I’m using for a fixation; Win, and Lose. Win and Lose
will be shown periodically throughout the experiment to tell a
participant if they won or lost a trial. I have an attribute called
GamePlay which I’m using for the various slide states and have placed
[GamePlay] in the slides ActiveState dropdown. I’ve been experiencing
some various problems while trying to accomplish this. For instance,
if “Win” or “Lose” is in the first trial GamePlay attribute, the
experiment runs pretty smoothly. However, I’ve noticed while running
five weighted trials, the program is adding an additional trial and
giving an error code of “Invalid AciveState”. Additionally, when
“Default” is in the first trials GamePlay Attribute I again receive an
error message of “Invalid ActiveState. I’ve tried renaming the default
SlideState with correlating script but I still find the program to
behave a little erratically. This is the script that I’m using to set
the state of the slide:

Dim Win As String
Dim Lose As String
Dim x as SlideState
Dim y as SlideState
‘Case “Win”
	If c.GetAttrib("GamePlay") = "Win" And CInt(c.GetAttrib("FinalPie"))
<= 100 Then
		Set WinLose.ActiveState = "Correct"
		x.Enabled = CLogical("Yes")
		y.Enabled = CLogical("No")
	End If
 'Case "Lose"
	If c.GetAttrib("GamePlay") = "Lose" And CInt(c.GetAttrib("FinalPie"))
< 100 Then
		Set WinLose.ActiveState = "Incorrect"
		x.Enabled = CLogical("No")
		y.Enabled = CLogical("Yes")