Event markers

Tim Campellone t.campellone at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 23:51:50 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am trying to use E-prime to send event markers through a parallel
port to a computer that is collecting psychophysiological data using
VPm software. I think I have the E-Prime code right for the events I
want marked:

Player.OnsetSignalEnabled = True
Player.OnsetSignalPort = &H378
Player.OnsetSignalData = 2

Player.OffsetSignalEnabled = True
Player.OffsetSignalPort = &H378
Player.OffsetSignalData = 3

Result1.OnsetSignalEnabled = True
Result1.OnsetSignalPort = &H378
Result1.OnsetSignalData = 4

Result1.OffsetSignalEnabled = True
Result1.OffsetSignalPort = &H378
Result1.OffsetSignalData = 5

My understanding is that this script will cue E-Prime to send the
numeric value associated with xxx.OnsetSignalData through the parallel
port into the psychophysiological data being collected. Is that
correct? Also, would I need any additional script for the computer
collecting the physio data?

Thanks for your help,
Tim