Number Line

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Wed Aug 25 22:27:46 UTC 2010

Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
really does like to take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they strive
to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours -- this is pretty much their
substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of it.  3) If you
do get an answer from PST Web Support, please extend the courtesy of
posting their reply back here for the sake of others.

That said, here is my take ...

Both fairly simple to do, but will require some inline code.

1) I imagine you mean to have the subject make a single mouse click and
use that for the response.  In that case, once you have the mouse
coordinates you can simply draw a mark using the Canvas drawing methods
(see the Canvas topic in the online E-Basic Help).

2) Yes.  You know the pixel coordinates of the start & end of the line,
you know the mouse click coordinates, and you know your scaling factor.
  From there it is just a bit of simple math (or more exactly,
elementary analytic geometry).  Surely you can take it from there,
otherwise you have bigger problems :).

Regards,
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for nature cannot be fooled."  (Richard Feynman, Nobel
prize-winning physicist)