Right Shift Key doesn't work for String Input

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Aug 31 17:48:41 UTC 2010

Teresa (or teresa),

Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
takes any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours (although current
estimates are more like 10 days) -- this is pretty much their
substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of it.  3) If
you do get an answer from PST Web Support, please extend the courtesy
of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.

That said, here is my take...

Hmm, wonder if this results from EP using raw DirectX Virtual Key
Codes instead of the "cooked" ASCII codes -- this behavior can
actually be put to good use, as in the "Differentiate Left and Right
Shift/Alt Keys" in the Samples section of the PST web site.  That
does not help you though, don't know how to get your right-shift
working in the way you like.  What happens if you try EP on another machine?